The Strategic Partnerships team initiated a collaboration with the NC Center for Nonprofits and the NC Secretary of State's Office on a survey to learn about nonprofit organizations' circumstances and needs during the COVID-19 pandemic. The survey, available in English and Spanish, was sent to more than 20,000 nonprofit email addresses provided by the Secretary of State's Office. It contained 35 quick response, matrix, and open response questions to better understand NC nonprofits' experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The North Carolina Office of Strategic Partnerships & The Policy Lab at Brown University. (2020). North Carolina nonprofit organizations and the impact of COVID-19: Insights from a statewide survey and creation of a publicly available dataset.
- The North Carolina Office of Strategic Partnerships, North Carolina Center for Nonprofits, & The Policy Lab at Brown University. (2020). 2020 Statewide survey of COVID-19 impact on nonprofits. [Data file]. Available from: bit.ly/2020-nc-nonprofit-survey.
- OSP Nonprofit Resource Guide (a compilation of resources for nonprofits and others responding to COVID-19, based on common themes and questions that emerged from the survey responses).
- Nonprofit Lunch and Learn series (developed in response to the needs shared in the survey). Hosted by Volunteer NC, OSP, and the NC Center for Nonprofits.
- OSP Monthly Connect [Video]. NC Nonprofit Organizations and the Impact of COVID-19.
Planned use of results
Over 2,000 people responded to the survey, which provided an informative picture of the NC nonprofit sector during the COVID-19 pandemic, including experiences, needs, gaps, and opportunities. Philanthropy, government, researchers, and nonprofits themselves can use the results for a range of purposes including but not limited to research, outreach, and planning.
The Policy Lab
NC Center for Nonprofits
NC Secretary of State's Office